Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Pros and Cons of Pinterest-ing

You guys. I am seriously Martha Stewart. Except twenty-plus years younger, with better hair, and significantly less green in my bank account. 

Coming soon to a kitchen near you - Dallas, 2011.
Other than that, I'm basically her. I cook, I bake, and now, thanks to Pinterest, I make crafty shit out of random things I find at Hobby Lobby and/or Michael's.  If you were born a female (or decided to swing that way later in life?) you know of the genius that is Pinterest - a virtual pinboard to get ideas for home decor, personal style, recipes, party planning, etc. Basically, the best thing to happen to me since I discovered whipped cream flavored vodka.

PROS
  1. The potential to win over new friends/man friends: With all of these new recipes to drool over check out on a daily basis, all I can think about is who I can potentially make these treats for. I love to cook, but even more so (if I'm being completely honest) I LOVE when people tell me that what I make is really good. Who WOUDLN'T want to hang out with me? I'm also hilarious.
  2. Giving me something to do other than cleaning/trolling the internet for funny videos/drinking: Today is championship Saturday for college football. Nebraska is not playing, (stupid Wisconsin) therefore, I don't care. Instead, I wasted used 3 hours to make a winter wine bottle craft and it is BEAUTIFUL.
  3. Makes my apartment look like a grown up lives here: I literally just got rid of my COLLEGE furniture a few months ago. I mean, I graduated in 2003. Hello, adulthood called. Unlike many of my girlfriends, I lack a certain home decorating je ne sais quoi. Pinterest allows me to copy other people's ideas, yet still take credit for them. No one will ever know I plagiarized how to decorate my bathroom!
  4. Makes Christmas shopping easy: Have a tough cousin to shop for? I don't because mine is top notch, but if you do, just check out her Pinterest. Chances are that she has "liked" about 1324981734 things. Take your pick!
CONS
  1. Glitter EVERYWHERE: Said wine bottle project required some wood pieces with pre-attached glitter. As I was cutting down these wood pieces, glitter attacked my kitchen and, quite frankly, I'm scared to go back in there. As I lay on my loveseat typing this, I can see glitter reflecting off of the following: my hands, my loveseat, my phone, my leggings, and my dog.
  2. Spray Paint problems: I've never used spray paint before. Also, I don't read directions. I'm fairly certain that the spray paint directions would have read "use outdoors or in a well-ventilated area and lay down drop cloths before usage." Instead, I got a nice little high and now I have white spray paint speckles all over my kitchen floor and stove, including a very distinct line from where I attempted to use a "drop cloth" (aka, a small trash bag.) Who knew that spray paint has that much of a reach?!
  3. Bank account reduction: I have a love/hate relationship with Michael's. 50% off?! Its so CHEAP. I must have 15! Well... It was cheap until I bought EVERYTHING that was 50% off. I go in to purchase 6 wooden letters and walk out with six bags of legitimate crap that if I don't purchase this very instant, I might as well die.
  4. Being judged for using Pinterest because you're not creative enough to come up with ideas on your own: Yes. I know people like this. What. A. Drag.
Happy weekend, darlings!

SM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Wits McGee Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger