Thursday, December 29, 2011

McAnopoly

In typical Mac family fashion, we experienced a power outage over the Christmas break at my grandmother's house in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. (yes, there is a town called Arkadelphia and, yes, people actually live there.) Usually, our holidays are plagued by a devastating ice storm or two, flooding, septic system backup, or some other natural disaster. This year, however, lightning decided to strike a tree and knock out three power lines. My grandmother immediately went on the hunt for candles, lamps, and flashlights. The rest of us immediately started making cocktails.

After watching a transformer blow up and shoot smoke 30 feet in the air, I suggested we play Monopoly - it takes forever and keeps us busy. Plus, we are all very competitive by nature, anyway. Christmas generally includes a no-holds-barred croquet tournament in the backyard, but the rain thwarted that venture this go-round. Grandma don't mess around with games. She DESTROYS all of us at croquet. I think she secretly practices when we aren't around, though she would never admit it. I'll never forget the first time I learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em one Easter. My dad was coaching me how to play - which hands were good, which cards to throw away, when to fold, etc. That next week I got a phone call from G-Ma. "Hello, Shannon? Hi. I just wanted to tell you that you better be practicing Hold 'Em by yourself because your dad can't help you come Christmas." It must run in the family.



Back to Monopoly. I wanted to make things interesting. I know!! Every time you go to jail, you must take a pull from this bottle of chocolate whipped cream vodka.

And that's how McAnopoly was born.

2 comments:

The Sister Studio said...

I wanna play! :)

SM @ Wits McGee said...

Game night at your house. Its on, sister.

Post a Comment

 

Wits McGee Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger